Join our team!
PizzaPlex L3C is a community-oriented pizzeria in Southwest Detroit that prepares delicious Neapolitan, wood-fired pizza. The pizzeria serves coffee and bar drinks, and offers space for events, community meetings, and inclusive programming for all ages. PizzaPlex holds the Neapolitan school of pizza in the highest esteem, along with karaoke, ’80s movies, friends, family, and love for all people and the planet.
We always welcome considering strong candidates from the neighborhood to join our team so please email email@example.com, walk in or call to inquire.
PIZZAPLEX IS HIRING AN OPERATIONS AND SUSTAINABILITY MANAGER
The PizzaPlex Operations and Sustainability Manager (“Manager”) leads design and implementation of PizzaPlex business, programming, and logistics systems. The Manager will be responsible for guiding the team in all operational aspects of the business, including hiring, personnel management, cost reductions and budgeting, facilities management, event programming, project management, and other administrative, bar, or kitchen tasks as needed. We are looking for someone willing to learn bartending and pizzamaking, and to chip in as needed in growing this brand new business. The Manager reports to the PizzaPlex owners.
All PizzaPlex employees are invited to make decisions in a participatory way that prizes creative thinking, inclusivity, accountability, and collaboration.
This position qualifies for future co-operative business ownership.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Personnel management, recruitment, hiring, and onboarding
- Developing professional growth and training plans with and for employees
- Employee and business policy and system development and implementation
- Ongoing communication as primary interface with stakeholders, agencies, or other business partners
- Setting a Triple Bottom Line company culture that values accountability, excellent service and products, sustainability, inclusivity, community integration and celebration, creativity, and transparency
Financial Estimating and Budgeting:
- Calculating new project and program costs and returns on investment
- Tracking and providing records and other documentation for financial data used in accounting systems and budgeting
- Identifying and implementing new business development opportunities (e.g. food delivery service, revenue streams from event or program planning, retail, and other/new ideas)
- Applying for grants and other financial instruments
- Maintaining and ordering facilities-related materials/supplies and other necessary equipment for PizzaPlex operations as necessary
- Leading interior and exterior space maintenance or prospective design and renovations
- Communicating any and all repairs needed with Owners, scheduling contractor appointments as required
- Assisting with restaurant daily operational maintenance tasks
- Conducting ongoing Quality Assurance Checks on facilities
- Leading interior and exterior site improvement projects
- Managing the Sospeso donation system, community board, events, and all reservations
- Establishing cultural exchange programs as consistent with business model and growth plans
- Programming PizzaPlex original event series in line with financial and social responsibility goals
Customer Service and Marketing:
- Serving as primary interface with customer base and addressing customer questions, concerns, and queries
- Working in close collaboration with the PizzaPlex PR and marketing team while ensuring website and online presence is up-to-date
- Suggesting, evaluating, and launching promotions
- Maintaining, managing, and implementing a calendar of regularly scheduled events or programs that increase market share mix within restaurant, coffee shop, bar, and event space industry as appropriate
- Refining and maintaining company Sustainability Plan
- Sustainability metric measurements
- Forging and maintaining relationships with local organizations and resources to promote sustainability (environmental and social justice) education, demonstration, and collaboration at PizzaPlex
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Previous personnel management and food service experience required (restaurant management preferred)
- Interest and passion for sustainability and community programming
- Commitment to environmental and social justice
- Excellent communication skills
- Event management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfort within or ability to thrive in a start up environment
- Spanish speaking skills highly preferred
- Knowledge of facilities management and AV equipment operation preferred
- MS Office Suite, Quickbooks, and computer skills preferred, but not required
- Servsafe and TIPS certification preferred, but not required
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter.